What is Agile Testing?
Probably you know about waterfall model of software development. The main disadvantage of using waterfall model that the developer need to wait for the completion of each phase before moving to next phase. Agile methodology is one of the alternative approach of software development. Software testing which follows principles of an Agile methodology called Agile testing. In this article, we discuss what is agile testing and what are the different methodologies of Agile testing.
What is Agile Testing?
As discussed, the testing methodology which follows principles of an Agile methodology called Agile Testing. First, we understand what is agile methodology? The Agile methodology follows iterative development methodology where software development and testing happens in small chunks and occur simultaneously. In simple terms, development is happening in steps, testing also started after each step and if some major issue identified, developers resolved that issue at the same time. Here, the testing team also plays a role of semi-developer and helps the developer in resolving the bugs in software. Here, the developer always ready to change in software as soon as some major flaws identified by the testing team. Also, there will be the continuous interaction between developers, customers and testing team throughout the lifecycle of the project.
What are the advantages of Agile testing?
- Minimal documentation: Time required for the development of documents is not much as requirements are generally not clear while development of documents. Also, requirements are evolving as time progresses as more and more mind storming session between the developer, client, and tester after each step.
- Testing started as soon as development started: Testers role in this type of testing is very crucial as there is very little documentation of requirements of the developing software. They need to interact more with the developers to know requirements in depth. The quality team continuously testing the developing software after each step.
- It takes less time for development: Generally, agile methodology takes less time for software development.
- Less time for regression testing: Quality team has very less time for regression testing as next module also available for testing at the same time. Here, the quality team needs to manage time for different types of testing.
What is the different Agile Testing Methodology?
- Crystal Methodology
- Dynamic Software Development Model (DSDM)
- Feature Driven Development (FDD)
- Lean Software Development
- Extreme Programming (XP)
Subscribe us to receive more such articles updates in your email.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Nothing gives me greater joy than helping my readers!
Disclaimer: This tutorial is for educational purpose only. Individual is solely responsible for any illegal act.