10 Best Free Firewalls for Windows
One basic question always haunts me - is there any need to install any additional firewall, although Windows Defender is available? The answer is a Big Yes if you want to secure your PC from bad people. In my view, extra protection is always required in the form of an additional firewall which is the main key to a secure Windows system to a maximum extent. According to one report published by the government agency, it has found that attackers have discovered maximum security issues in the Windows operating system.
You don't need to pay anything extra for installing a good firewall. Many cybersecurity leading manufacturers are providing free firewall software for Windows PC.
Here, I am listing out the Top 10 free firewalls with a download link:
|Software||Free Download Link|
|Firewall Security Management||https://www.solarwinds.com/security-event-manager/use-cases/firewall-security-management|
|System Mechanic Ultimate Defense||https://www.iolo.com/downloads/|
- Detect malicious applications on your system.
- Available for both Windows and Android.
- Detect spyware and malware.
- Display network data usage of different internet applications.
- Both free and paid versions are available.
- Identify malicious RDP connections.
- List out all hardware devices connect to the same network and alert someone new to join or leave.
- Security event Log is available
- Block malicious application
- Report security vulnerabilities
- Offers various security levels
- Able to block ongoing and incoming traffic
- Able to detect suspicious traffic
- Port scan
- Block cybercriminals
- Monitor outbound communication
- Parental control feature available
- Able to configure traffic rules
- Protect against malware and spyware
- Block feature available for malicious traffic
- Block unwanted traffic
- Save personal and sensitive data on PC
- Protect inbound and outbound traffic
- Early boot protection mechanism
- Protect your PC against insecure wifi
- Both free and paid firewalls are available
- Automatically detect viruses, malware, and spyware
Firewall Security Management
- Support monitoring and configuration of firewall
- Mitigate threats based on firewall rules
- Detect security breaches
- Real-time network graphs available
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense
- Able to manage passwords
- Detect malware and spyware
- Online privacy option available
- Flexible but effective in the configuration of the firewall
- Custom security options available
- Email protection mechanism available
- Anomaly Detection feature to identify the abnormal patterns of traffic
- Completely free
- lightweight and user friendly
- Configure firewall rules
- Tampering protection
A firewall is the first line of defense against cyber attacks. By using a good firewall, you enhance the security of your desktop/laptop. I personally advise you to first use it for some days and decide the best firewall for your desktop. You can consider factors such as the number of security features, performance, etc.
Subscribe us to receive more such articles updates in your email.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Nothing gives me greater joy than helping my readers!
Disclaimer: This tutorial is for educational purpose only. Individual is solely responsible for any illegal act.